Saturday, October 26, 2013

Pumpkin Days of Fall

This morning, I took a snapshot of some beautiful pumpkins displayed at the farmers market! Aren't they just so fun?! 


This afternoon, roomie and I made pumpkin pancakes and mimosas for brunch!


 This evening, I actually cooked with pumpkin for the first time...not baking, cooking...and it was delicious!! Definitely a great mix of sweet and savory all in one bowl! (also completely gluten-free, thanks to the quinoa pasta.)

The dish: Pumpkin Fusilli with Turkey Sausage and Sage

Check out the original recipe here. (*Note: I substituted pork sausage and quinoa pasta noodles into my dish, as I did not have fusilli or turkey sausage on hand.)


Ironically enough...all of these "pumpkin"  happenings landed on National Pumpkin Day! That couldn't have worked out any better!

And what better than to cap off today with a little reminiscing from last weekend's Pumpkin Patch trip?

Going to Old Baker Farm Pumpkin Patch has become an annual tradition since moving to Alabama, and I absolutely adore it! Here is a peek from this year's trip... 

It's important to go with the right people for a pumpkin patch trip, and these lovely ladies from my small group were just the right people!


Finding the perfect pumpkin takes dedication and hard work. Okay, maybe it's not that serious, but it's close. It may take some time, but the reward of finding a "THE" pumpkin is always satisfying!


My hope is that all of you are enjoying this lovely season and it's many adventures, just as much as I am! I am so, so sad to see October (likely my favorite month of the entire year) go in just a few days. However, that means that the official "holiday season" will be upon us, and that is something that I can get excited about!....maybe just maybe,  after I have a few more cups of hot apple cider! 

Happy National Pumpkin Day, friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment