Thursday, April 18, 2013

Just call me "Professor"


Just call me "Professor"....on second though maybe not. How about "Instructor", or perhaps just "teacher". It is so very odd considering my soon to be title, as I never in a million years imagined that I would ever teach a college undergrad course?! Much less, a college course of any kind. What?! Yep, that's right. I am soon to be an instructor for an undergraduate preschool development course for the summer term at UA. It will be my job to cover quite an expanse of preschool aged development in just a mere 4 1/2 week course. Normally, students are told to buckle up! However, that advice applies to me this time as well. (deep breath)

I mean...I don't even really know what to say about it. I'm excited. I'm honored to have been recommended for the position! I am, frankly, somewhat frightened and intimated. However, this opportunity is not one that I feel I should pass up. What more of a reason than because it will be a challenge, and hopefully a fun one at that! I'm looking forward to looking over the course curriculum and seeing what little personal touches I can add to it here and there. I mean it's preschool development we're talking about here. Could there be a better topic for me to discuss? 

While I fully intend to review and teach the course content, I hope to infuse a little fun and creativity into the course as well. That's only natural. The preschool years don't happen without fun and creativity

Wish me luck! I'm off to find a briefcase and some #2 pencils. 

Ha. Ha. Just kidding! Would I be caught with a briefcase? It's not really my style. Now a Vera Bradley work tote I might could handle! :)

1 comment:

  1. Congrats Professor! Frightened and intimidated is exactly where you should start...fully dependent on God, right? You'll be an amazing teacher and rock that curriculum so that it's crazy fun!

    ReplyDelete