Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Sweet Summertime

"Two bare feet on the dashboard
Young love and an old Ford
Cheap shades and a tattoo
And a Yoo-Hoo bottle rollin' on the floorboard

Perfect song on the radio
Sing along 'cause it's one we know
It's a smile, it's a kiss
It's a sip of wine, it's summertime
Sweet summertime"


I can most definitely agree, with Mr. Kenny Chesney...bare feet, sunnies, perfect songs on the radio...sweet summertime, indeed.

One of my most favorite things to do is go see my favorite artists, and even sometimes new artists, perform. I. love. concerts. (I think that I may have inherited this deep love from my Dad!)

So, how excited was I when I found at that a local radio station was going to be sponsoring a free FREE show this week, featuring the up-and-coming, handsome, and talented Charlie Worsham! At first I wasn't quite sure if I was going, but all it took was reminding myself of how much I love hearing his new single on the radio! Sold!

A few text messages later, I invited a sweet friend to come along and join the party and the plans were set. Who could resist a deal like this?

photo courtesy of http://studentmedia.uab.edu
I arrived a little before showtime, and as I was waiting for my friend A., noticed that the venue had a St. Louis Cardinals game on a few of the TVs! (For those who may not know...catching a Cardinals game on TV in Alabama is not exactly common. Even less so if you don't have cable. Ha.) Nonetheless, it just added to my excitement!



My sweet friend A. arrived and we headed out back for the show! 


Charlie did not disappoint, and we had a BLAST!



I couldn't have asked for a more well-timed, super relaxing, and fun night. It's been a crazy stressful week, and a little dancing, music, and a beautiful southern summer night was exactly what I needed!

Did I mention they brought out the banjo, at one point. Banjo is the best. Seriously. I think maybe A. and I should consider taking banjo lessons, because it is just that cool! 


I had so much fun with this girl, and as she put it, "Summertime and friendships are the best!"

No comments:

Post a Comment