Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Goodbye, 2013.


"Hello. I’m Claire Morgan, of the Times Square Alliance. As you all can see, the ball has stopped halfway to its perch. It’s suspended there to remind us before we pop the champagne and celebrate the New Year, to stop…and reflect…on the year that has gone by. To remember both our triumphs and our missteps, our promises made and broken,the times we opened ourselves up to great adventures, or closed ourselves down for fear of getting hurt…cause that’s what New Year’s is all about. Getting another chance. A chance to forgive. To do better. To do more. To give more. To love more. And stop worrying about “what if”, and start embracing what will be. So when that ball drops at midnight, and it will drop, let’s remember to be nice to each other, kind to each other. And not just tonight, but all year long.Thank You."
(Hilary Swank, from the movie New Year's Eve)

"to stop..and reflect..on the year that has gone by..."

2013 has been quite the year. Quite the challenging year. In fact, probably the most challenging, trial-filled, exhausting, difficult, and emotional year I've experienced to date. (This is off to a good start, huh?) Stick with me. There are both successes and failures from this past year. Both trials and pleasant memories. 2013 has had its shares of disappointment and rejoicing. However, without digging into the nitty gritty for the world to see, let's just say that I am gladly, and most expectantly awaiting for midnight to strike tonight, and for my calendar to say 2014. I will remember 2013, however I will not be sad to see it go. I'm ready for a fresh start, a new year, a new (fingers-crossed, prayers raised) less stressful, more enjoyable, and surprising new adventure. I'm hoping for the best, and choosing not to dwell on the past. At least for now. No, for good. 

"Getting another chance. A chance to forgive. To do better. To do more. To give more. To love more. And stop worrying about "what if", and start embracing what will be."

This is exactly what I'm hoping that 2014 will bring. I'm ready to embrace what is ahead, and trust that the Lord has great and perfect plans for the new year, ahead. I will make it a goal to choose joy daily...to seek the Lord diligently...to take the opportunity to make a difference...to not worry so much about the things I can't control. This year, will be a new year. A good year. I refuse to fall prey to believing otherwise. Of course, challenges will again arise, but my hope is to face them with a new confidence and stronger faith. May the Lord guide us into and throughout 2014. Cheers, my friends! 

Happy 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment