Friday, March 22, 2013

Hello! Spring...Break! (Day #1)

Well, it's here. My last official Spring Break...ever! That feels weird to say...again. I guess my last spring break in undergrad was just a tease!

I have to admit, I've been a little bummed...okay and maybe a little bit bitter here at the beginning. Why? Because I haven't ever been able to go take a super fun trip to anywhere since mission trip spring break trips in high school. Five chances in my college career, and nothing. Boo. 

So while I'm dreaming of being here...


or here...



I'll actually be here in the Heart of Dixie, making an effort to find really fun things to do! (Who knows maybe Bluebell does exist?...and if I find it maybe I'll find a George or a Wade while I'm there!) 
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

1. Went to lunch with some friends, and tried a new gourmet Italian restaurant called Bettola! Thanks for the suggestion Sara!

2. (Technically this game was on yesterday, but it's too important to leave out!) Watched my Shockers kick some Pittsburg butt in the NCAA tourney! Hello, top 32! Shockers & March Madness, it's a great combo! 

3. It's Spring Break. Reason enough to grab a new Essie color to play with: Play Date

4. Picked up these cuties at Target! Been drooling over them for a couple weeks now! Who can resist a great wedge for Spring/Summer?! 

5. Also stocked up on some kiwi soy candles! They were 50% off at Target! The roomie and I LOVE candles in our house! 

6. Today, I started a project that has been long awaited. Maybe one of the best crafty projects ever! Let's just say it involves grey chevron burlap and ruffles! (pictures and DIY will come soon)


4 comments:

  1. You need to spend at least on of your Final Spring Break Days indulging form one of the things on this list of "100 Foods to Eat in Alabama Before You Die". Lots of B-ham spots are on the list. I just wish I could be there to have one of our famous "let's try something new" dates!

    http://www.yearofalabamafood.com/wp-content/themes/yof/images/pdfs/100Dishes_Brochure2012.pdf

    If all else fails, just hop in your car and drive - destination unknown. Those are some of the best excursions ever and you never know what you might find. Enjoy your last ever Spring Break because soon you'll find yourself saying, "what's this Spring Break thing you speak of?" LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FYI - I tried to post that comment 2 days ago but for some reason your blog is not iPad-friendly. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Leave it to you, to find something like this! I'll have to check it out. I wish you were here for those dates, too. I've tried a couple of new places recently! That just means you need to come visit!

      Sorry about that iPad thing. That's weird, and I have no clue as to why that's the case. It works on my iPhone so I don't know why it wouldn't on an ipad? A mystery!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete