Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Pomegranate Limeade Cupcakes

Let me begin, by saying that I am, well...pretty particular about my cupcakes! I kind of expect perfection. Not in a mean sort of way, but in a I have really high standards for them kind of way. It's true. 

Quality Consistency. Exceptional Flavor. Beautifully Decorated. I am most definitely not a perfect cupcake baker by any means, but I do try really, really hard to uphold these standards! Sometimes, as a challenge, this means doing things like entering a contest and creating a recipe from scratch. That is what happened with these lovely lil' cupcakes! I created them for a competition held by a juice company a few years ago. I ended up with several votes, but not quite enough to win. No hard feelings though. Just seeing that people were interested and voting for my cupcake recipe was enough! 

These pomegranate limeade cupcakes were my first ever self-created recipe! If only people could have seen me in the kitchen experimenting until I came up with the perfect results?! Because these were my own special recipe, I've decided that they would be the most appropriate to lead off the beginning of what will be many, MANY more, cupcake postings! 



They're perfect for those who like sweet, but not super sweet. They're fruity, without being overwhelming and pretty darn delightful! 

Enjoy the new recipe, and if you decide to make them, let me know how they turn out! I'd love to hear about it!
 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

Pomegranate Limeade Cupcakes

Cupcakes:

2 3/4 c. flour
2 1/2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
2/3 c. butter, softened
1 1/4 c. sugar
1 c. POM pomegranate-cranberry juice
2 eggs
1 t. vanilla
1 t. lime juice
1 c. milk

Vanilla Lime Buttercream:
1/2 c. shortening
1 stick butter, softened
1 t. vanilla
3 tsp. lime juice
4 c. powdered sugar, sifted
2-3 T. milk

*topped with a lime slice and toasted coconut


1 comment:

  1. Oh my word! They look scrumpdilycious!! I may have to try them with gluten-free flour!

    ReplyDelete