Thursday, March 21, 2013

Latest Finds: Infant Books

I've recently come across some really good deals on books. To be more specific, books about or for infants. I'm not sure if I spy them because they are books about child development, or if it's because I just happen to be taking an Infant Development class this semester? I'm going to go with BOTH! Without further ado, here are my latest finds:

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

You Raising Your Child: The Owner's Manuel from First Breath to First Grade
Michael F. Roizen, M.D. and Mehmet C. Oz, M. D. (2010)


You Raising Your Child addresses everything from infant health issues, to parenting, to emotional and intellectual development, to early education and proper nutrition. In my brain that translates into 450+ pages of fun! I'm excited to have added this resource to my collection! As for the really good deal? Well, I snagged my copy at Garden Ridge for a whopping $3.99! Score! If you're interested, you can find a copy here. 

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

amazing baby
Desmond Morris (2008)


Amazing Baby takes the reader through the first two years of life. The content includes the biology and anatomy of the body, physical development event markers, information on behavior, personality development, how babies grow and much more. My favorite part of this book has got to me the photography and images. They are full page and beautiful! I snatched up a copy at Barnes & Noble for $7.98! Yay! If you're interested, you can find a copy here.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Me Baby, You Baby
Ashley Wolff (2004)


Me Baby, You Baby is one of those books you know you're going to love before you even open it. Reading through the pages, I can just picture the day I get to read this story to my own child before nap time, or anytime for that matter. The story if full of rhyming phrases and beautiful illustrations. It follows the journey of a two mothers and their infants through their everyday world including a trip to the zoo. A good tool to encourage identification and recognition skills, rhyming, and the joy of being together. The words just kind of float like a melody as you read them. This one is a really enjoyable read! Believe it or not, I found my copy at Winn Dixie (yep, the grocery store) for $5! Whoop! If you're interested, you can find a copy here.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I know that these are not new 2013 books, but they are new to me! Each of them cool in their own way. Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment