Saturday, March 23, 2013

Hello! Spring Break! (Day #2)

Lots of fun things to share today! 

1. Met a friend at Dreamcakes (the best cupcake bakery EVER!) this afternoon! It was her first Dreamcakes cupcake..her FIRST! Smart girl that she is, got minis so she could try multiple flavors. Success! (Just as an fyi, if you come down to visit me I guarantee I will take you to Dreamcakes! It's really that good!)

Cupcakes were followed by a trip to the Homewood Antiques Marketplace (also her first time visiting), and a few stops at Goodwill & Salvation Army thrift store to look for potential projects! 

2. Finished a long-awaited craft project last night! The hints I gave before: "chevron" and "ruffles"? Well, they resulted in....

THE CUTEST CHRISTMAS TREE SKIRT EVER!!!


(a DIY tutorial may show up soon)

3. Stopped by Hobby Lobby to grab some supplies and may have stumbled, willingly, into the fabric section. As you can see, I couldn't resist.... I mean the Eiffel tower printed on burlap?! Too good, too good! Oh, I did manage to get said supplies, too. 



4. Started and finished these lovely yarn ball ornaments! Yay!


5. Best of all, my Wichita State Shockers beat #1 seed Gonzaga in the NCAA to advance to the Sweet 16! Oh let me say that again, SHOCKS ARE GOING TO THE SWEET 16!!!!!!! (It's probably a good thing, I was by myself watching this game. Eep! It was crazy!)

This photo may help you understand how I feel about it, if you aren't quite sure...


Happy Day! Go Shox!

No comments:

Post a Comment