Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy 4th of July!

Happy, my 2nd favorite holiday of the year, 4th! There's nothing quite like celebrating America, freedom, family, and friends on a beautiful day in July! The fireworks, aren't too bad either. (And by that, I mean they are my FAVORITE!)

My family has done 4th of July in a big way for...well, for as long as I have been alive. We all, family and friends alike,  gather at my Aunt and Uncle's house. It is always fun to see who shows up, and how many! I think the count this year was 70+. A great turnout!

This year in comparison to other years, had a super laid-back, chill kind of vibe, and it was wonderful! There were little ones everywhere, the pool was a popular place, there was a baseball game in the backyard, and the patio chairs were filled with folks chatting and enjoying the evening! The weather was beautiful and the food was abundant. I think maybe our party could've given The Golden Corral some competition! I was lucky to get to contribute to the buffet o' deliciousness with a few dishes of my own...who wants cake batter cheese ball and coconut creme mini cupcakes?! They were both SO good!

As usual, the evening was capped off with a fun and beautiful display of sparkles in the sky, or as most people refer to them, fireworks! I will forever and always be a fan! 


The day was super enjoyable, and it didn't hurt that I finally got to wear my "4th of July" dress after almost two weeks of waiting. I know, it seems silly, but I couldn't help but be excited!


Dress: Old Navy
Shoes: Kohl's
Studs: mine from a few years ago, similar ones here

Cute outfits, fireworks and BBQs are great, however that is not all that this day is about. It is only proper that I express my gratitude to all of our military men and women who serve our country daily. They defend our country with honor and great sacrifice. Thank You! 

Happy Independence Day, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment