Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Highlights from Home

I recently spent 10 days in the sweet heartland and had a blast catching up with sweet friends, seeing family, celebrating a holiday (my 2nd favorite holiday), and enjoying a "favorite foods" tour of my hometown! Many fun things to do on this "home-cation"!




Here are the Highlights:

*I made a list of places to visit while I was back in Kansas, and I can say that I successfully made it to almost all of them! I ate at most all of my favorites: Carlos O' Kelly's, Doc Greens, La Galette, Cocoa Dolce, Freddy's, Old Chicago, and the Donut Whole! I even managed to hit up some new places, The Flying Stove and The Good Egg, thanks to some great friends!



The Flying Stove
Food Truck with M. 

& the sweet and lovely E.!
Pollo Loco Burger & Truffle Fries from The Flying Stove

Dessert at La Galette! Beautiful and tasty!

*I also managed to visit a few of my favorite boutiques, Lucinda's and Bittersweet! (Shame, shame Cottage Collective, for not being open during the holiday week. Maybe next time!) What's a vacation without some shopping?! I hit up the regulars too, like Target, Kohls, Michaels, Kirklands, TJ Maxx, etc., and thanks to my favorite shopping app Retail Me Not, I found some great deals!


*I was blessed and beyond excited to spend some sweet time with most of my favorite people all throughout the trip, as well!

A looooong overdue date with this beauty! 
K. and I go way back! 

We met up at the coolest donut shop I know, The Donut Whole! 
(Animal Cookies donut seen here!)
Found these lovely ladies at the Ballpark. 
Can't complain about 80 degree weather and baseball!
*As for the celebrating I mentioned, well, let's just say that my family knows how to do the 4th of July!!! A lot of food, a lot of people, and some lovely fireworks! (Sorry no pictures here...I was too busy chatting to take pictures.)

*To cap off my trip I hopped in the car and made my way south to Oklahoma. Who was waiting for me, you ask? Only my most favorite Diva Sista in the whole wide world! It had been way, way, way too long since our last visit and I was SUPER excited to see her. Per usual, we fueled up with supersize Dr. Pepper ices (Thank you 7Eleven!!!), paused for some pedis, shopped til' we dropped (I think it's a talent of ours!), and dined on some delicious Mexican food! Did I mention we went shopping? And did we ever strike gold?! Close! Try 50% off at the Outlets...including COACH....our experience was almost unbelievable, in a good great way! Our fun-filled day ended with a viewing of Monsters U., a few laughs, and a popcorn bucket that could've fed an army. Needless to say, this diva adventure was successful! 

The KING of Icees! There is none other. 

C. & I!

I am so very thankful to all of you back home, who made my trip so special! Thank you for the hugs, the conversations, and the laughter! You know who you are, and I love each of you so dearly! If there was a way to fit each of you in my suitcase I totally would. I have the best friends and family! I miss y'all already! 

Until next time, Kansas...

No comments:

Post a Comment