Friday, July 12, 2013

Whole Foods Haul: Favorites & Finds!

photo courtesy of eatingalabama.com

Whole Foods...the place where you fall in love with foods (or at least the idea of foods) that you never would've thought of and/or never knew existed! I was introduced to Whole Foods when I moved to good 'ol Alabama a few years ago. People would always tell me that it was an "experience" or even a "great place for date night"....well, they were right. The product selection (including organic and gluten free), the samples, the buffet, live cooking demos, the gorgeous flower section, and more; they have it all.  Really, it is just down right Awesome! (A little on the pricey side too, but there are ways to watch that.)

Nonetheless, I always manage to grab some "favorites" and some "finds" each time I go! The goal is to try to walk out with a mix of things I know that I love, and hopefully delicious new things to try. On this trip with Roomie,  I found an especially good mix!


I'll start with the "Favorites": 
(As you can see, my favorites tend to come from the bakery section!)

*Blueberry Streussel Muffins: fresh from the bakery daily and uber delicious...like seriously, the best blueberry muffins ever! They come in the smaller size muffins in a 6-pack or the jumbo size in a 4-pack. Usually, I buy a single jumbo muffin if they are available. 

*The Everything Bagel: my go-to choice for the perfect turkey bagel sandwich. Sesame seeds, garlic, onion, poppy seeds, basically the works!

*Espresso Chocolate Chip Cookie: chocolate and coffee in a cookie, there is nothing wrong with that combo! Even Whole Foods understands...


"Cookie love fest" is absolutely right!!!

Now onto, the "Finds"!


*Reusable Totes: The new Spring designs were available, and I automatically fell in love with these two! At $.99 a bag, who can resist?! Additional designs include an asparagus bag and a grapefruit bag. 


*Hubert's Half & Half in Green Tea Lemonade
*Hubert's Lemonade in Limeade
*Santa Cruz Organic Cherry Lemonade
*Santa Cruz Organic Mango Lemonade

(If you can't tell, I really, really love lemonades! So, I am super excited to try these! As a bonus, the glass jars will make really cute vases, once emptied...can't wait for that!)

*Late July Organic Mild Green Mojo Multigrain Snack Chips: these caught my eye because of their ingredients: green chiles, jalapenos, cheese, and lime. Yum!

*Tomato Spinach Fusilli Pasta: this wasn't so much of a "find" as an "I just need noodles for pasta salad" choice. I've never had this brand, but I'm sure that the noodles will be great. Props to my madre, for always making pasta salad with the veggie spiral pasta growing up!

*Clif Mojo bars in White Chocolate Macadamia & Peanut Butter Pretzel: I usually grab a few protein/energy bars every trip. I eat them sparingly, but do enjoy having them as a quick on-the-go snack or breakfast option. I decided to try a few of these newer cliff bars, which kind of combine trail mix and a granola bars together!

*Artisana Cashew Butter: I love cashews and love peanut butter. I figured that this perfect little sample sized package would be a nice little treat paired with a Granny Smith Apple!


*Baby Bananas imported from Puerto Rico! (I may have first experienced baby bananas on a trip to Africa, and have been obsessed ever since. Unfortunately, most of the ones I've had in the U.S. haven't compared. I'm hoping that these will!)

*Zucchini

*Plantains (Again, fell in love with plantain chips in Africa, and will attempt to use these to make my own at home!)

(Fyi, the blue cartons pictured above came from the produce section in the store. I grabbed a few empty ones, hoping that they would let me have the cuties to take home, and they did! All I had to do was ask at the register to make sure that it was okay!)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

As you can see, I found quite the haul on this trip! I was also quite happy to walk out with a nice amount of food and drink for around $30! Not bad. 

I'm excited to taste and enjoy the products from this round, and am already looking forward to my next trip! 

No comments:

Post a Comment